COVID-19: Community Steps
The steps we are taking in our community are based upon the guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), St. Louis County Department of Health and Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services (DHSS).
We are screening all team members and vendors with a temperature check and health screening questionnaire (which includes questions regarding any travel in the last 30 days, individual symptoms and any potential exposure to others with symptoms consistent with flu, COVID-19 or any respiratory illness). For residents who we provide care services, we will check temperatures once per day. We will also be happy to do temperature checks at any time for any resident upon request.
The Gatesworth Community Steps:
- Employees continue to complete a health screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken prior to every shift. They will wear masks whenever in the building..
- Our team remains focused on frequent enhanced cleaning and sanitizing in all the community common areas..
- We are providing complimentary room service to residents.
- We’re working with residents on alternative ways to obtain their essentials such as through The Gatesworth’s personal shopper. We are also offering assistance with online grocery orders.
- We continue to have hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
- We continue to train and educate staff about prevention measures.
- We are offering to facilitate Skype sessions with residents and their family members.
- We are creating alternative games and activities to keep residents engaged while following social distancing.
- We have created a special “Care Team” comprised of staff members who make individual calls to residents each week followed up with a kind note.
- Our screening area has been re-designed for social distancing and our main and west entrances have been converted to contactless drop stations for grocery and package delivery. Boxes are disinfected before being delivered to resident apartments.
What residents should do:
- Continue to practice proper handwashing and social distancing.
- Order room service for all meals.
- Wear a mask while outside your apartment.
- Contact our Personal Care 24/7 with any immediate health concerns and also reach out to your primary care physician with any questions.
What family members should do:
- Call, email, write, FaceTime or Skype your loved one. Let us know how we can help.
- Communicate with our staff if you or your loved one have any questions, concerns or needs.
- Deliver groceries clearly marked with the resident’s name and apartment number to our contactless “drop table” at our Main Entrance.
We want to emphasize the importance of residents and families letting us know immediately if they feel ill or think they might have been exposed to COVID-19.
We are ready to provide assistance and respond to their needs quickly.