A Message From Our Executive Director Concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Monday, September 13, 2021 (Update) —
As we all have heard in the local and national news, there are increasing cases of fully vaccinated individuals contracting Covid.
While these cases may be milder for some individuals, we want to remind residents, families and employees that we must remain diligent in our prevention efforts. Therefore, regardless of vaccination status, all residents, visitors, and employees are REQUIRED to WEAR MASKS in all public areas of The Gatesworth.
The Gatesworth plans to host an on-site booster clinic once the booster is approved for the general public and available from our providers. The booster is currently approved only for those who are immunocompromised. If you believe you are in this category, please contact your doctor.
After consulting with our medical advisor, Dr. David Carr, we ask that all of our residents and guests follow these safety measures.
- All residents, visitors and employees, regardless of vaccination status, who have traveled within the last 14 days must submit negative Covid test results prior to entry. Residents may call the Reception Desk at 314-993-0111 or email gwrec [at] thegatesworth [dot] com to schedule an in-house test upon return.
- Visitors who have traveled in the last 14 days must be tested in St. Louis no more than 48 hrs. prior to entry in The Gatesworth and may email gwrec [at] thegatesworth [dot] com with their test results no less than 2 hours prior to entry (at-home tests are not accepted).
- Do not visit if you are sick or not feeling well – even if you think it is just a cold.
- Enter the building wearing a mask, and keep it on in all public areas – regardless of vaccination status.
- Complete the screening form at the main or West Wing entrance prior to entering.
- Practice proper hand hygiene.
- Provide negative Covid test results prior to your visit if you have traveled in the last 14 days-regardless of vaccination status (at-home tests are not accepted).
Residents Going Out
- Please wear a mask while in stores or any public areas in accordance with DPH and CDC guidelines.
- Residents may sign up for scheduled transportation to Schnucks, Dierbergs, Target, Straub’s, etc.
- Residents must wear masks when riding in our vehicles.
- Practice proper hand hygiene.
- Avoid large crowds and gatherings.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals may dine in the Palm Court and Colonnade. Happy Hour will continue at this time.
- Non-vaccinated guests, including unvaccinated children, may not eat in our dining rooms. We ask that you wear your mask to and from the table and only remove it when eating or drinking.
Entertainment, Group Activities and Fitness Classes
- Live entertainment, group activities and fitness classes will run as scheduled.
- Residents and guests are still required to WEAR MASKS IN ALL PUBLIC AREAS including the fitness center, Atrium, living rooms, card rooms, library, art center, laundry rooms, etc.
As a reminder, please stay home if you are feeling ill and contact your doctor and our Personal Care department.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
- Carrie Montrey, Executive Director of The Gatesworth